Monday, October 18, 2010

My To-Do Food List

I have decided that it is time to expand my cooking repertoire, particularly beyond the recipe realm. Recipes be damned (with the exception of baking). So I have decided to make a list of dishes to master. This list shall include many of those typical dishes that all the moms/grandmas/aunts/church ladies in our lives seem to know by instinct, but also stuff like Pad Thai, Okonomiyaki, Gyros, Tiramisu, and the perfect Taco. Okay, so I might have to keep some recipes around.

On my list so far, besides those that I just mentioned:

Tikka Masala (by suggestion of Amy Reyes)
Korma (also Miss Reyes' doing)
Lassi
Curry (yes, it's a broad term, and I don't care)
Christmas Pudding
Pumpkin Pie
Apple (any fruit, really) Pie
Lasagna
Chili from scratch (I must break free from the packaged seasoning mix!)
a better Burger
homemade Milkshake
homemade Salsa (traditional, corn, black bean, mango, etc.)
Chicken and Dumplings
homemade Salad Dressings
Spanakopita
Baklava
Gumbo from scratch
Jambalaya from scratch
perfect Mashed Potatoes
Chicken Parmesan
homemade Pesto
Tempura (worked on this before, still trying to get the batter to my liking)
various Stir Fry Sauces
various Pasta Sauces
Roast Chicken
Biscuits from scratch
Tortillas
Bread
Fudge
Potato Soup
Clam Chowder
Hot Cider
perfect Sweet Tea
perfect Latte
Chinese Dumplings (aka Potstickers)
Chicken Enchiladas
homemade Pizza
Calzones
various homemade Pickles

Yeah, several items on this list are less than practical. I know that, and I don't really care. =D

I'm sure I shall think of more later. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment